After my first installation using Unirac’s SolarMount-I solution, I was sold. It installs almost 80% faster than the systems I’d worked with before, which saves us a significant amount of time, effort and money.
Unirac’s innovative residential solar racking solutions are #1 in North America.
Today, Unirac has more than 100,000 installations representing more than 700 MW of power. That’s enough energy to power nearly a quarter of a million homes a year.
As the solar energy market continues to expand nationwide, we will continue to grow along with it. When you choose Unirac, you are taking advantage of a depth of technical expertise and quality that will continue to be at the vanguard of the industry.
Constant Product Innovation
Unirac develops and manufactures state-of-the-art products that save time and allow for repeatable, consistent installation results for ground and roof applications.
Installation costs can represent more than 40% of the total cost of a solar system. By constantly listening to feedback from our customers, Unirac is continually exploring ways to further improve the design of product hardware. All with the intention to reduce installation time and materials, thus lowering the system’s overall costs.
Unirac has announced three major new products platforms the past two years alone: the SolarMount-I racking system, the ISYS Roof Mount system, and the ISYS Ground Mount system.
Superior Products: It’s All in the Testing
Unirac’s solar mounting solutions are built to last, providing confidence and peace of mind on every install. Not only does Unirac run it’s own in-depth engineering, testing, and analysis reports, we also employ third-party analysis and testing for validation. Our channel partners and their customers know our products will provide many years of dependable service.
As part of our rigorous testing process, Unirac does the following:
- Calculates environmental loads per International Building Codes (IBC) and American Society of Engineers (ASCE) standards
- Follows IBC / ASCE environmental load combinations to determine greatest loads a system will see
- Calculates beam / system allowable loads using environmental load combinations in accordance with Aluminum Design Manual or North American Specification for Cold-Formed Structural Steel – calculates allowable loads for multiple directions, accounting for system orientation
- Tests connections in three dimensions as applicable
- Utilizes it’s own “Unirac Lab,” which features an on-site wind tunnel; allowing expedited testing during product development and refinement stages
But Unirac’s stringent testing doesn’t stop there. We perform extensive component strength and capacity testing as well. As a result, the permitting process on installations goes much quicker. Simply put, we pay attention to even the minutest details so you don’t have to.
The Best Performance in a Supporting Role
Our goal is simple: Consistently deliver solutions and services correctly, efficiently and on time to exceed our customers’ expectations across the board.
Unirac believes that superior customer service is the lifeblood of our company. Our customers value the peace of mind that comes with Unirac’s reliability and expertise. Simply put, Unirac is always there for you: before, during and after your installation. Our deep understanding of each step involved in the photovoltaic design and installation process is a key strategic advantage in developing relevant support — from pre-sale through warranty.
Unirac’s team of technical support experts is complemented by our comprehensive online support. We provide installers with a Digital Advantage™, a host of online tools that helps them design, estimate, build and commission solar systems more efficiently from day one.
Unirac customers have immediate and easy access to:
- Online estimators for various configurations
- Master price lists for quick pricing
- Product technical data sheets and sales collateral
- Engineering certification stamps
- Examples of installation through Flash animation
- Photosynth walkthroughs of previously installed solutions
- Video time trials providing accurate installation speeds
- A full schedule of educational and training webinars throughout the year
Spotlight on Our Quality Products and Exemplary Service
Here are some accomplishments and accolades we’re particularly proud of:
- 99.9% customer perfect orders (or 20 defects per million)
- Implementing International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001 over balance of 2010
- >99.9% On Time Delivery (OTD) to Unirac committed ship date
- More than 450 days without accident
- 2007, 2008, & 2009 Progressive 50 award winner from Managing Automation magazine
- 2008 Albuquerque Innovation award winner
Better products, better solutions, better returns
Unirac offers the solar industry’s one of the most cost-effective mounting solutions because they’re engineered to perform and are built to last. Because we’re so confident in the work we do, Unirac provides a 10-year limited warranty for all of its aluminum solar systems.
To ensure the greatest availability of solar mounts and racks for fast and accurate delivery, Unirac maintains a large network of stocking distributors for residential solar solutions. SunWize, DC Power Systems, Ontility, Sun Lion Empire Electric, Sun Lion and Solar Solutions have chosen Unirac as their partner of choice.
ThinkSolar chose Unirac because of their proven experience in the field and the special support we got from the Custom Solutions Group. Unirac’s engineers were able to maximize power density and deliver a state-of-the-art Photovoltaics (PV) racking solution on time and on budget. We got superb support from Unirac through the entire process and everything worked exactly as promised.
Elmar Niewerth, CEO, ThinkSolar